- This event has passed.
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride in Jamestown, CA
November 23, 2018 - December 16, 2018
Member Advance Ticket Sales: October 9-11, 9 a.m. (see below)
General Public Ticket Sales: October 12, 9 a.m.
Relive the magical journey of THE POLAR EXPRESS on an hour-long train ride to the North Pole. Enjoy hot-hot-hot chocolate and yummy cookies as you ride along with many of the story’s characters. Once you reach the North Pole, the jolly old elf – Santa himself – will come on board to give each passenger a silver sleighbell, the “first gift of Christmas.”
2018 Train Ride Dates
Friday & Saturday, November 23 & 24
Friday, Saturday & Sunday, November 30 – December 16
4:30 p.m., 6:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Coach Seating: $50 per person*
First Class Seating: $70 per person*
*An additional service fee of $6 per ticket will apply at purchase checkout.
Children under 2 years of age are free and must be seated on an adult’s lap.
2018 Ticket Sales Dates
Current members of Railtown 1897 and the California State Railroad Museum are eligible to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales. Memberships should have been purchased by September 5, 2018, and current memberships must be active to qualify.
September 1-15: Silver Spike, Gold Spike and Platinum Spike members. Must call (916) 445-8242 to book tickets.
October 9: Bronze Spike, Yardmaster, Freight Agent, Trainmaster and Engineer members
October 10: Telegrapher, Hostler, Conductor and Fireman members
October 11: Handcar Club, Switchman, Caboose Club and Brakeman members
October 12: General public sales begin at 9 a.m.
Online tickets sales only unless otherwise noted. Resale of tickets is not permitted and is unlawful. Our policy strictly prohibits the resale or attempted resale of any ticket for THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride. In addition, the use of public advertising – such as but not limited to eBay and Craig’s List – to resell tickets is not permitted. Either action will result in the immediate cancellation of the tickets and Railtown 1897 membership, if applicable.
Member Advance Ticket Sales Policies
- Members of Railtown 1897 and the California State Railroad Museum are allowed to purchase THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride tickets in advance of the general public.
- Members are not guaranteed to get tickets during Member Advance Ticket Sales, merely the opportunity to try to purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
- New, renewing or upgrading memberships should have been active and current as of September 5, 2018 to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales.
- Members must have their membership ID number when ordering tickets.
- Tickets may only be purchased online through this website (unless otherwise noted).
- Member households may purchase a maximum of eight individual tickets or two tables of four, per location, during Member Advance Ticket Sales.
Ticket Exchange and Refund Policies
- Full refunds will be given for requests submitted within 48 hours of purchase.
- A $10 per ticket fee will be charged for refunds or exchanges submitted up to two weeks prior to departure.
- No refunds or exchanges will be given for requests made less than two weeks prior to departure.
- Purchasers who wish to donate unused tickets back to the nonprofit California State Railroad Museum Foundation will be given a tax letter of donation for the full amount of the tickets.
Exchange or refund requests should be submitted to THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride -Jamestown Hotline (209) 984-3407, and should include: date and time of train ride, car selection, number of tickets, purchaser’s name, confirmation number, and contact phone number.
Train Ride Car Descriptions
THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride consists of several cars pulled by a vintage engine from Railtown 1897’s collection. On board you will be seated in either Coach or First Class according to your ticket purchase. Guests in each car will experience the same excitement and wonder of THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride.
- Blitzen, Prancer and Dasher Cars: The identically configured Blitzen, Prancer and Dasher Cars feature comfy bench-style seating for you to enjoy during your trip to the North Pole.
First Class Car
First Class Sugar Plum Observation Car: This car offers large windows and comfortable seating. The elegantly decorated Sugar Plum Car is divided into two sections: Parlor and Lounge. When purchasing tickets, passengers must select either the Parlor or Lounge section. All First Class passengers receive a souvenir cocoa mug, and are free to move about the car and step off onto the observation platform.
- The Sugar Plum Parlor: A private interior room decorated with stained glass interior windows and comfy upholstered chairs. The Parlor has comfortable seating groups for two, four or more and holds up to 14 passengers.
- The Sugar Plum Lounge: A section of seats up to 16 passengers on comfortable upholstered chairs facing each other.
For more information please contact THE POLAR EXPRESS™ Train Ride – Jamestown Hotline at (209) 984-3407 or email [email protected]