The California State Railroad Museum Foundation will consider requests for donations for organizations with an alignment with Railtown 1897’s mission to “collect, preserve, study, exhibit and interpret selected aspects of railroads and railroading, with an emphasis on California and the West, for the education, enjoyment and entertainment of the widest possible audience.”
The California State Railroad Museum Foundation requires that all donation requests meet the following criteria:
- Preschools, kindergartens, elementary schools or their associated PTAs
- Middle schools and high schools within the greater Tri-County area.
- Registered nonprofits in California state that focuses its mission on supporting arts, culture, history and education.
- The purpose of the organization or event must not be contrary to the mission of the California State Railroad Museum Foundation, Railtown 1897 or California State Parks.
- Requests must be made at least 30 days before donation is needed.
The California State Railroad Museum Foundation has a limited number of passes available for donation each year. Submitting a request does not guarantee a donation.
- Standard donation consists of four (4) Excursion Train Ride Passes ($40 value).
- Donated passes are valid one year from issue date.
- The donation must be used as a fundraising item for an auction or raffle; they cannot be used for resale.
- No donations for third party or individual requests.
- No more than one donation request per organization per year.
- As a nonprofit, we do not receive any tax-deduction for our donation to your organization. Please consider saving resources by not sending us a receipt.
How to request a donation:
To request a donation, submit a request letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The letter should include:
- The name of the nonprofit organization or school
- Date of fundraiser
- The purpose and beneficiary of the fundraiser
- Contact name and information
- Address to which the donations should be sent